Extreme Duty Pontoon Vinyl Flooring
TD50G-16Regular price $399.84
Replacing More Than Just Your Floor Covering?
PontoonStuff® created the idea of Pontoon Flooring Kits and Deck Kits to make your project easier. If you need more than just carpeting and plan on replacing your pontoon boat's deck, check out our Kits below:
- Pontoon Vinyl Flooring Kits (click here) - If you can buy plywood locally this kit comes with everything else you need.
- Pontoon Boat Deck Kits (click here) - If you cannot buy the correct marine plywood locally, the Pontoon Deck Kit is for you.
Pontoon Vinyl Flooring Specs
- Great alternative for replacing marine carpet on your pontoon boat.
- 50mil marine grade vinyl flooring is 102" wide.
- Slip resistant surface is easy to clean and maintain.
- 100% UV stabilized marine vinyl boat flooring will not fade.
- Woven polypropylene backing can be glued down to your wooden deck.
Care & Maintenance
Nothing is easier to maintain and clean than our vinyl boat flooring. Once installed you'll have a great looking deck without the maintenance required by carpeting. Vinyl flooring will also protect your plywood deck from moisture.
- Space your deck screws or bolts 16" apart when securing your decking.
- Apply adhesive to your deck using a medium nap paint roller.
- Use a roller or stiff broom to firmly press your new vinyl flooring down into the glue.
- Install your fence risers under each bolt that secures your railing to the deck.
- Cut the deck seam tape into 8' sections and lay it on top of the aluminum cross members connecting your tubes. The deck seam tape seals the joints where your plywood comes together, preventing water from working its way up under your vinyl flooring.
How To Replace Your Pontoon Flooring
- Check out our pontoon forum for complete pontoon restorations and learn how to replace the deck and carpet on your pontoon.
Q: How do I install new vinyl flooring on my pontoon boat?
A: In order to install your pontoon vinyl flooring, you must remove all of the old carpeting and adhesive from the deck of your pontoon. Also, it is important to fill any voids or delaminated areas on your existing deck with wood putty or fiberglass filler. If you do not remove the old carpet and glue or if you do not fill the voids in an existing deck you will feel the imperfections under the flooring and most importantly any left over adhesive may interact with the new glue, preventing it from bonding with the back of the vinyl.
If your deck is clean and the surface area is ready for the new vinyl flooring covering then read on, if you are having difficulty removing your old carpet please see below where we discuss the problems you may run into.
Before applying any glue to your deck, roll your new pontoon vinyl flooring out completely over the deck of your boat so that you can inspect it. Occasionally, vinyl flooring will have imperfections in it which we may miss or it can get damaged in shipping; now is the time to discover any problems. Do not glue your vinyl floor down before you inspect it. Call us immediately if you have any problems so that we can replace the vinyl flooring for you. Once you have the vinyl rolled out and it looks good, fold it in half the length of the deck. For example, if you have a 20' pontoon boat, get in the front of the boat and fold the vinyl over width-wise and do the same in the back, leaving a 4' wide by 20' long section of your deck exposed. Your vinyl flooring will be folded on top of itself on the other side of the deck so that you can apply glue to half of the decking.
By folding the floor covering this way it makes installation much easier, you can apply the glue by standing on the side of the pontoon, without needing to get on your hands and knees. Each gallon of glue will cover a 8' x 12' area, so if you have a 16-24' pontoon boat use one gallon per side, if you have a 25-30' pontoon you will need a total of 3 gallons of glue and will use 1-1/2 gallons per side. Take your first gallon and dump it evenly across the exploded 4' x 20' wide section of the deck. Using a medium nap paint roller spread the adhesive over the deck and make sure that there is full coverage with no empty areas. Be sure to spread glue as far into the center when the flooring is flipped to one side so you don't end up with any areas that are not covered with the glue. Once the glue is applied, lay the vinyl floor out over the entire deck and make sure it is flat and squared up. You will not have much time to work with the vinyl once you lay it on the glue, so be sure it is lined up on the deck properly before you begin applying the glue.
Next you must compress the vinyl flooring onto the lines of glue. The polyester backing will bond to the glue when apply pressure, forming a bond which will hold the vinyl flooring in place once the glue hardens. Use a heavy roller, you can rent a carpet roller or use a heavy pipe to press the carpet down onto the glue. This is the most important step, if you do not press the flooring down hard enough the glue and backing will not bond together, causing it to come up or creating lines and bubbles in your new pontoon flooring.
Q: How do I remove the old carpet? What if it doesn't come off easily or only comes off in small chunks?
A: If your pontoon boat is a 2000 model year or newer, you may experience difficulty when removing the carpet. Newer pontoon boats use a heavier carpeting and a stronger glue than was used in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. Boat builders applied special marine adhesives that provide excellent adhesion and heavier backed carpeting than you see on the older model pontoons. Also, since these boats are newer the carpet and glue have not deteriorated to the point where it is easy to remove them. On most older pontoon boats the carpet will come off fairly easily with some scraping, cutting and tearing. If you find that your pontoon carpet is only coming off in small chunks and that you cannot seem to remove the old adhesive and fibers you can try renting a floor sander or simply replace the decking.
To remove the decking without taking up the carpet, if you choose to replace the flooring, here is how you do it. First, find the seams where the plywood decking meet up, take a razor knife and cut across the floor separating the carpet on each sheet of plywood. If the plywood deck is bolted down, cut the heads off the bolts under the deck and rip the decking off. If the deck is screwed down, use a hole saw and locate the screw heads, cut around each head and tear the decking off. Then use a sawzaw to remove the screws and plywood plugs that are left over. You may find that the cost of the plywood is worth it compared to the time and energy you will spend trying to remove carpet that won't come off.
PontoonStuff® Quality Promise
Our success is tied directly to our ability to provide you with quality products and the best customer service. Quality and excellent service are our top priority!
- Industry leading warranty - 3 year full replacement on any defective pontoon vinyl flooring. No other pontoon boat seat manufacturer offers this level of service because no other manufacturer uses the same quality of materials.
- If your pontoon boat furniture arrives with any defects or quality issues, we will pay to return and replace your pontoon boat seats immediately.
- We pay all costs associated with any damaged or defective seating. There is never any cost to you.
You're making a big investment with your time and money when you choose to restore a pontoon boat. Making sure all of our customers know we will support them after the sale is important to us. We will take care of any problems you have quickly and at no cost to you, as we personally warranty everything we sell.
* For more information about our warranty, please click here or call (877) 295-9522.
Orders over $100 is FREE! Place an order by 4pm EST (Mon - Fri) and we'll ship it the same day! For additional shipping information, please click here.
If you are not completely satisfied with the quality of your product, you may request a return for any unused and undamaged merchandise up to 30 days after date of delivery for a complete refund (excluding cost of return shipping). For more information about returns, please click here.
Shipping is free on any order over $100; orders under $100 ship for a flat rate of $9.99. If you place an order on a business day by 4 p.m. EST, all in stock seats and accessories will ship the same day! Rather than use slow ship times to save money, we only ship orders using FedEx, and our products will arrive at your home quickly. The map below shows transit times for different regions of the contiguous United States:
- We will only ship within the contiguous U.S.
Boat Carpet Orders (Note: Carpet ships within 48 hours - NOT same day)
In order to offer you the best prices, we ship all boat carpet orders directly from our carpet mill in Georgia. If you order both boat seats and carpet, you will receive one shipment sooner than the other, depending upon your location.
Please note that we do not take international orders or ship outside the lower 48 US states. No exceptions.
✓ 6 year warranty on DeckMate Boat Seats
✓ 6 year warranty on DeckMate Woven Vinyl Flooring
✓ 3 year warranty on all other carpet & flooring
✓ 3 year warranty on bimini tops
✓ 1 year warranty on everything else
Our success is tied directly to our ability to provide you with superior products, fast shipping, and the best customer service. Exceptional products and excellent service are our top priorities!
Warranty claims are always handled quickly. We don't pass you off to some other manufacturer - we warranty all of the boat seats we sell. You can expect quick answers and solutions in the rare case that you have a problem.
There is never any cost to you in the event of damage during shipping.
DeckMate® Boat Seats - 6 Year Warranty
- Industry leading warranty - All of our boat seats have a 6 year, full replacement warranty. If anything goes wrong, we will send you brand new seats without hassle or cost to you.
- We will ask for images of the defects so we can make immediate improvements in our production.
- We will send replacement boat seats to you as soon as you provide us with images.
- We do not need the
- defective boat seats back, and you are never required to pay shipping.
- We spend extra money on packaging to ensure your new boat seats will ship safely, but there is always the chance rough handling or stacking could damage the upholstery or parts. If this happens, just give us a call.
DeckMate® Woven Vinyl Flooring - 6 Year Warranty
- Industry leading warranty - Our Woven Vinyl has a 6 year, full replacement warranty. If anything goes wrong, we will send you brand new flooring without hassle or cost to you.
- We will ask for images of the defects so we can make immediate improvements in our production.
- We will send replacement flooring to you as soon as you provide us with images.
- We do not need the defective flooring back, and you are never required to pay shipping.
- We spend extra money on packaging to ensure your new flooring will ship safely, but there is always the chance rough handling or stacking could damage the flooring. If this happens, just give us a call.
Carpet & Flooring - 3 Year Warranty
- All of our carpeting and flooring is marine grade and it is protected by a 3 year warranty, which includes fading and deterioration.
Bimini Tops - 3 Year Warranty
- Full replacement on defective bimini tops. If your bimini top arrives with any defects or quality issues, we will pay to return and replace your bimini top immediately.
All Other Products - 1 Year Warranty
- All of our non-seating or flooring products (other than carpet and vinyl flooring) have a 1 year warranty.
It is important to us that our customers know we will support them after the sale. We will take care of any problems you have quickly and at no cost to you, as we personally warranty everything we sell.
For more information about our warranty, please call us at (877) 295-9522.
You don't need a payment to get that new-boat feeling.
DeckMate® Boat Seats was founded on the idea that replacing your boat seats should be affordable. Through our network of websites we make it affordable to have a great looking boat again.
Here are some quick points about us:
- We've been in business since 2005, and have helped over 180,000 customers replace their boat seats.
- We focus on offering quality boat seats you can afford.
- We design, build, and sell our boat seats directly, no middle-man.
- We stock and ship all of our products from our facilities in Elkhart, IN.
Our hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST Monday-Friday.
Check out our Facebook page for reviews, pictures, and chances to win free prizes!
DeckMate® family of sites.
DeckMate.com is part of a greater network of websites whose purpose is to make boat restoration affordable. Our sites are BoatSeatStore, BassBoatSeats.com, PontoonStuff.com & BoatCarpetBuys.com.
View Larger Map