Stainless Steel Hardware Included:
Note: The pair of bucket seats will arrive in a single package with protective packaging and covered in plastic bags.
1. (2) Aluminum hinges with vinyl covering, pre-installed onto each seat cushion (2 hinge per seat).
2. (4) #12 x 1” stainless screws to attach hinges to seating platform (2 per hinge).
3. (8) #14 x 2” stainless screws to install seat back to rear wall of seating platform (4 per seat back).
4. (8) stainless bolts inserted into the bottom of each fishing seat.
Installing Back Rest & Seat Cushions
Note: Installation hardware is attached under boat seat cushions.
1. Remove any temporary plastic edge protectors from each boat seat cushion by pulling them out of the upholstery. This will not harm the seat, simply grab the edge of the plastic protectors and pull them out.
2. Determine the location of the drivers bucket seat and place the backrest against the rear wall of the seating platform. Screw backrest into back wall of seating platform and you are finished. You may drill additional holes into the plastic frame if necessary, this will not void any warranty or damage the seat.
* If you have ordered a seat grouping with a center fold down seat make sure you line up all your boat seats on the boat’s platform prior to installation to make sure you have enough room to install each seat.
* We recommend that you drill small pilot holes into your boat before installing the screws. This will prevent damage to the fiberglass. Assuming a 3/4” thick back wall our 2” screws will protrude 1/4” through your back wall of your platform once installed.
3. Line the seat cushion up with the installed back rest and determine the spacing between the seat and back rest. The hinge that is attached to the bottom of each seat cushion allows you to adjust the seat forward or back depending on the depth of your platform. There is a matching vinyl piece that is installed with each hinge, determine the location and screw the hinge and the vinyl to the platform. The vinyl piece will hide the aluminum hinge once it is installed.
4. If you have a center fold down seat, determine where you want it to mount and install it with the attached hinge and vinyl piece just like you did with the bucket seat cushion.
Installing The Pedestal Mount Boat Seats
Note: DeckMate fishing seats & chairs comes with 4 stainless steel mounting bolts pre-installed.
1. Remove the attached stainless steel mounting bolts with a phillips head screw driver.
2. Attach your pedestal seat mount to the bottom of the fishing seat and screw the mounting bolts back into the plastic frame of the fishing seat.
* Metal t-nuts are inserted into the plastic frames of each fishing seat, please start the bolts by hand before using a screw driver. This will prevent mis-threading of the t-nuts.
* Some pedestal seat mounts have a front side and it will be printed on the swivel, FRONT. Make sure your mount your boat seat to the pedestal in the proper way. Some pedestal mounts have a rear tilt built into them and mounting them incorrectly will make your seat uncomfortable.